Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Harris Jayaraj


When I read http://soundcloud.com/parodesynoise/harris-jayaraj-for-dummies and laughed my gut out, I remembered a joke my DH and I used to share.

You can actually compose a Harris Jayaraj song if you are a sincere Church-goer!! Let me explain.

Take for instance the song, "Paartha Mudhal Naaley" (Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu")
and sing "Yesu pirnadhaarey, indru Yesu pirandhaarey". Doesn't it fit? Sing it in a nice baritone voice - it'll sound even better!

Or take the song, "Ennai Pandhaada Piranthavaley" (Ullam Ketkumey)
and sing something like Nammai rakshikka piranthavarey...Works?

Disclaimer: I mean absolutely no offence to any religion or its music. No offense meant to Harris Jayaraj himself, many of whose songs I really love (esp. the romantic ones) and I have his full collection on MP3. (I particularly love listening to this CD because its like listening to a nice song that  goes on for one and a half hours!! :P)

2 comments:

  1. How about this songs.
    first link is a movie song and the next one is from the chirstian album from Harish team.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22tZ-4GSzEI

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzbOBxd4b8E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The christian song sounds so lovely and different.
      And yes the second link, the anbe, anbe is one of my fav. Harris Jayaraj's numbers.
      Thanks!
      PS: And may I know who you are?

      Delete

Hi! Nothing gives me more joy than receiving comments. And when you leave a comment, please do leave a name.

Surgical Strike

"Just imagine", they said, "how free you are going to be." Everybody pep-talked me. "You are not sick. You are only...